These Whole Wheat Banana Muffins are a quick make-ahead breakfast that will fill you up and hold you over until lunchtime. They are perfect for busy people who need a grab and go meal.
Thank you Bolthouse Farms® for sponsoring this post.
Whole Wheat Banana Muffins Recipe
Made with whole wheat flour, ripened bananas, and Bolthouse Farms® Protein Shake, these muffins are full of good for you vitamins and minerals. They give you the boost you need to get your day started without all the guilt!
Since we learned that my husband will be losing his job at the end of the year, I have been working double time to make this little blog of mine a source of income. I pretty much work from sun up to sun down without any breaks in between.
So much goes into building a profitable website.
Most of the time I forget to eat breakfast. I’ll grab my cup of coffee and begin work in front of the computer, then before you know it, it’s lunchtime.
More often than not, I end up skipping breakfast and I don’t recommend anyone do that. But, I just get so busy and forget to eat.
That’s why these easy healthy banana muffins can be such a great alternative.
You can make them ahead of time and then grab one to go with your cup of coffee or tea in the morning. They are even great with a glass of milk.
Coming up with a recipe for healthy banana muffins can be tricky. You take out too much fat and the muffins turn into dense bricks. You take out the sugar and they’ll taste like cardboard.
I like my muffins to be fluffy, sweet, AND somewhat good for you.
These whole wheat banana muffins are fluffy, sweet, and incredibly delicious. The muffins are full of protein and contain important vitamins and minerals, which make them the perfect treat to start your day!
How to make healthy banana muffins
The secret to the extra boost of nutrition lies in Bolthouse Farms Banana Honey Almond Butter Protein Shake. It’s one of their new flavors and it’s AH-MAZING! Their refrigerated beverages are perfect for getting your nutrition on the go.
One bite of these banana muffins will reassure you that nutritious can taste delicious!
Bolthouse Farms has a wide range of premium refrigerated beverages including protein shakes, smoothies, juices, and cafe drinks. There’s truly something for everyone. They have six new flavors which are available at grocery stores nationwide.
Whole Wheat Banana Muffins
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup mashed banana, about 1 small ripened banana
- 2 large eggs
- 1 and 1/4 cups Bolthouse Farms® Banana Honey Almond Butter Protein Shake
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste
- dried bananas for garnish
- Heat the oven to 400°F. Spray a 12 cup muffin tin with nonstick spray or line with paper liners. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir with a whisk and make a well in the center.
- In a separate large bowl whisk the sugar, butter, oil, banana, eggs, protein shake, and vanilla together until well blended. Add to the flour mixture and stir just until combined.
- Divide the batter evenly among the prepared muffin cups. Cups will be filled to the rim. Top each muffin with a slice of dried banana.
- Bake for 16 to 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool the muffins in the pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove muffins and cool for 10 minutes longer.
Nutritional values here on my recipes should be used as a general guide only. Since different brands of ingredients have different nutritional information, the values shown are just an estimate.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.