This lime pie features the perfect balance between sweet and tart with a cool, creamy texture. The filling requires only 3 ingredients and sits on top of a buttery graham cracker crust.
One of the most requested recipes during the summer is key lime pie. Have you noticed this? Early last year I made this key lime pie.
It has a cream cheese base which makes it slightly different than a traditional key lime pie. And while this is a great recipe, I wanted to play around with different options.
I introduce to you this lime pie, which uses regular limes and no cream cheese.
Made with only three ingredients, this is one of the easiest fillings you will ever come across.
3-ingredient lime pie filling
Lime juice, egg yolks, and sweetened condensed milk get whipped together to make a sweet, tart, and ultra-creamy custard-like filling.
The filling rests over a buttery graham cracker crust that is baked until crisp. The crunchy texture of the crust in contrast to the cool creamy filling will have your taste buds dancing.
While the process to make the pie is fairly easy, you still need to allow plenty of time for the pie to set. I suggest refrigerating it for at least three hours.
The crust needs to prebake for about 10 minutes before the filling is added. Then the entire pie bakes for an additional 15 to 20 minutes.
You’ll know the pie is done when it’s only slightly jiggly in the center.
You can top the pie with any garnish you desire. I like to use homemade whipped cream and lime zest on my lime pie.
5 Ingredient Lime Pie
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Combine the graham cracker crumbs and butter in a 9-inch pie pan. Stir together until moistened and press firmly into the bottom and up the sides of the dish.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Let the crust cool completely on a wire rack, about 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sweetened condensed milk, egg yolks, and lime juice until smooth. Pour the filling into the prepared crust.
- Baked the pie for 15-20 minutes, or until the edges are set, but the center remains jiggly.
- Cool for 1 hour on a wire rack. Refrigerate for 3 hours or until set. Top with whipped cream, lime slices, and lime zest if desired.
Nutritional values here on my recipes should be used as a general guide only. Since different brands of ingredients have different nutritional information, the values shown are just an estimate.