No churn peaches and cream ice cream made with only 5 ingredients. You’ll crave it all summer long!
Say hello to the simplest, most delightful snack. This peaches and cream ice cream is summer in a bowl. It comes together easily and just the thing you need to cool off as summer sweeps in.
There are a couple of bonuses here:
One – the recipe requires only 5 ingredients.
Two – it’s a no-churn recipe.
I like to soak the peaches in sugar for about an hour before pulsing them into a puree. The sugar softens the peaches and draws out some of the moisture, making it easier to blend them.
The puree needs to be heated for about 5 minutes to reduce the liquid. This will also enhance the peach flavor. What’s peaches and cream ice cream without a strong sweet peachy flavor?
Peaches and Cream Ice Cream
- 4 cups ripe peaches, peeled, pitted, and cut into 1/2-inch pieces (about 6 medium peaches)
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- Stir the peaches, lemon juice, and sugar in a medium-sized bowl to combine. Set aside until a syrup accumulates in the bowl, about 1 hour. Add the peaches and syrup to a blender and pulse until almost pureed, just enough to break down the large pieces. Transfer puree to a medium saucepan. Heat over medium-high heat until reduced and thickened, about 5 minutes; stir occasionally. Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate until cold, about 2 hours.
- Add the heavy cream to a large bowl. Using an electric mixer beat until stiff peaks form. Turn the speed to low and slowly pour in the condensed milk. Turn the speed back up to high and beat until thickened.
- Transfer 2 cups of the whipped cream to a separate bowl. Add in the puree and mix until well combined. Fold into the remaining whipped cream. Transfer to a freezer-safe container and freeze for at least 6 hours.