Super soft garlic breadsticks made from scratch. You will never want store-bought breadsticks again!
You can have restaurant style breadsticks at home from your very own kitchen!
It’s not hard to make breadsticks at home. If you’ve made homemade pizza dough then you can certainly make breadsticks. The doughs are the same.
I have a great pizza dough on hand and it’s the perfect place to start. However, that recipe makes enough for two 12-inch pizzas and that would, in turn, be a whole lot of breadsticks.
So for the sake of not having breadsticks coming out of ears, I reduced it enough to make eight chewy and soft
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy for more details.
These guys go great on the side of pasta, dipped in marinara sauce, or served with easy homemade spinach dip. You are going to fall in love with this recipe.
- Combine the water, yeast, and sugar. Stir well and let sit for 5 minutes. Once the yeast dissolves and becomes frothy, add it to a large mixing bowl. Add the yeast mixture to a large mixing bowl along with the flour, salt, and olive oil. Mix dough by hand or with the paddle attachment on low speed for 1 minute.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead gently for 5 minutes or until smooth and elastic.
- Shape the dough into a ball and place in a lightly greased bowl. Brush the top of the dough lightly with oil. Cover the dough and let rise in a warm place for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Punch the dough down and let rest for 5 minutes. On a lightly floured surface roll the dough out into a 6×9 inch rectangle. Cut the rectangle into 8 strips. Place the strips on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Cover and let rise for 45 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF. Combine the butter, garlic powder, and salt. Brush a generous amount of the garlic butter over the top of each breadstick. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned.