This classic Easy Vanilla Mug Cake recipe is easy to make, full of vanilla flavor, and is great served warm with whipped cream or ice cream over the top.
As a kid I preferred chocolate but as I’ve gotten older I’ve grown more fond of plain vanilla.
You really can’t beat a moist cake with tons of vanilla flavor. I love to pair it with fresh fruit. And it’s even better when the cake is warm and served in a mug.
Have you ever had a mug cake before? Better yet, have you ever made a mug cake before?
It’s probably the easiest cake to make. One that you can produce in a matter of seconds as soon as you get a craving for something sweet.
I think you’re really going to love this vanilla cake in a mug!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy for more details.
Vanilla mug cake ingredients
As with any basic vanilla cake recipe, the ingredient list is simple. To make this Easy Vanilla Mug Cake recipe, you will need:
- Butter – Will add a rich buttery flavor to the cake
- All-purpose flour – I’ve only tested this recipe using this flour. It may work with cake flour also, I’m not sure.
- Salt – To mellow the sweetness and tie the other ingredients together.
- Eggs – To provide leavening, color, and flavor.
- Sugar – Add a touch of sweetness because this is dessert!
- Milk – I used whole milk but you may be able to replace it with a dairy-free alternative.
- Baking powder – Helps the batter bake up into a fluffy little mug cake.
- Vanilla – Use a high-quality vanilla extract so you get the best flavor. A vanilla paste will also work!
How to make vanilla mug cake?
I promise this will be the easiest cake you’ve ever made. There are just a couple steps to sweet yellow mug cake heaven…
- In a 16-ounce microwave safe coffee mug, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Stir in the butter, milk, egg, and vanilla until well combined.
- Microwave on high power for 90 seconds then let the cake sit for 2 minutes before serving.
How to serve vanilla mug cake
Easy Vanilla Mug Cake
- In a 16-ounce microwave-safe mug, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Stir in the milk, butter, egg, and vanilla until the batter is smooth.
- Microwave on high for 90 seconds. Let the cakes stand for 2 minutes.
- Top with whipped cream and berries or other desired topping. Enjoy!