This classic Easy Vanilla Mug Cake recipe is easy to make, full of vanilla flavor, and is great served warm with whipped cream or ice cream over the top.
As a kid I preferred chocolate but as I’ve gotten older I’ve grown more fond of plain vanilla.
You really can’t beat a moist cake with tons of vanilla flavor. I love to pair it with fresh fruit. And it’s even better when the cake is warm and served in a mug.
Have you ever had a mug cake before? Better yet, have you ever made a mug cake before?
It’s probably the easiest cake to make. One that you can produce in a matter of seconds as soon as you get a craving for something sweet.
I think you’re really going to love this vanilla cake in a mug!
Vanilla mug cake ingredients
As with any basic vanilla cake recipe, the ingredient list is simple. To make this Easy Vanilla Mug Cake recipe, you will need:
- Butter – Will add a rich buttery flavor to the cake
- All-purpose flour – I’ve only tested this recipe using this flour. It may work with cake flour also, I’m not sure.
- Salt – To mellow the sweetness and tie the other ingredients together.
- Eggs – To provide leavening, color, and flavor.
- Sugar – Add a touch of sweetness because this is dessert!
- Milk – I used whole milk but you may be able to replace it with a dairy-free alternative.
- Baking powder – Helps the batter bake up into a fluffy little mug cake.
- Vanilla – Use a high-quality vanilla extract so you get the best flavor. A vanilla paste will also work!
How to make vanilla mug cake?
I promise this will be the easiest cake you’ve ever made. There are just a couple steps to sweet yellow mug cake heaven…
- In a 16-ounce microwave safe coffee mug, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Stir in the butter, milk, egg, and vanilla until well combined.
- Microwave on high power for 90 seconds then let the cake sit for 2 minutes before serving.
How to serve vanilla mug cake
Easy Vanilla Mug Cake
- In a 16-ounce microwave-safe mug, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Stir in the milk, butter, egg, and vanilla until the batter is smooth.
- Microwave on high for 90 seconds. Let the cakes stand for 2 minutes.
- Top with whipped cream and berries or other desired topping. Enjoy!
Nutritional values here on my recipes should be used as a general guide only. Since different brands of ingredients have different nutritional information, the values shown are just an estimate.