Creamy no bake, double layer berry cheesecake. On top of buttery vanilla wafer crust brushed with white chocolate.
Oh my heavens!
This no bake berry cheesecake is one of those that you will want to make for every dinner gathering you’re invited to. It is perfect for that 4th of July cookout coming up this weekend.
This crowd pleasing cheesecake is ultra-creamy, on a buttery vanilla wafer crust that has been lightly brushed with white chocolate, and double layered with blueberries and strawberries. You will want to have more than one slice. Don’t worry, I’m not judging.
Although this is a summer dessert, you could easily make this year round by using frozen fruit. Trust me, once you get a taste of this decadent cheesecake you will want to make it often.
Your typical baked cheesecakes can be a bit tricky which makes this no bake version even better. It is seriously so easy.
This double layer berry cheesecake sits on a vanilla wafer crust. The wafers are coarsely crushed and tossed in butter. A thin layer of white chocolate is brushed over the crust to add an extra richness. The crust is my favorite part. It’s thick and compliments the cheesecake perfectly. Make sure not to get carried away with the application of the white chocolate. If you put too much it will be hard to cut through once it hardens. Just a little bit is all you need!
The filling is made up of two layers. The base of the two layers is comprised of cream cheese, sugar, whipped topping, and gelatin. The gelatin makes the filling so creamy that it melts in your mouth. Blueberries are then added to half to make the bottom layer and strawberries are used in the top layer.
The cheesecake needs to refrigerate for at least 6 hours so make sure to plan ahead. You could even make it the night before you need it. Just resist the urge to get up in the middle of the night to taste it
Garnish each slice of cheesecake with fresh berries. A dollop of whipped cream would pair perfectly as well. This is definitely not a “skinny” dessert, ha.
Take this cheesecake to your 4th of July cookout and watch all the guest swoon. Enjoy!
- 2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs
- ½ cup butter, melted
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- ¾ cups cold water
- 2 cups whipped topping, thawed
- 3 (8oz) packages cream cheese, softened
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 cup fresh strawberries
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Combine the wafer crumbs and butter. Press into the bottom of a lightly greased 9-inch spring form pan. Melt white chocolate chips according to the package directions. Brush a thin layer of the melted white chocolate over the top of the crust. Set aside.
- Add cold water to a small sauce pan and stir in the gelatin, let it sit for 1 minute. Heat over low heat and stir until the gelatin dissolves completely. Allow to cool slightly.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Beat in the sugar and then the whipped topping. Add the gelatin water and mix until well combined.
- Place half of the mixture into a separate bowl. Stir the blueberries into one bowl and the strawberries in the other. Pour the blueberry mixture over top of the prepared crust. Use a silicone spatula to even out the layer. Gently spoon the strawberry mixture on top of the blueberry mixture and use the spatula to even out the layer. Take care not to mix the layers. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours.
- Remove the sides of the pan, slice, serve. Garnish with fresh berries and whipped topping if desired.