Ultra creamy and smooth No-Bake Cheesecake is exactly what hot summer days call for. The luscious cheesecake filling rests on a graham cracker crust and it all comes together in a snap.
I’m adding more cheesecakes to the archives! And they are a couple of no-bake recipes. Yay!!
I took my perfect cheesecake recipe and turned into a silky no-bake version. It’s going to become your go-to cheesecake for summer.
The graham cracker crust is held together with melted butter that hardens as it cools. The filling is a mixture of cream cheese, confectioners’ sugar, vanilla, and heavy cream that’s whipped together until it’s fluffy and light.
After getting this basic version perfect, I added snickers candy bars. You don’t want to miss the no-bake snickers cheesecake version!
What is a no-bake cheesecake?
A no-bake cheesecake doesn’t require an oven. Everything from the crust to the filling is mixed in a bowl, added to the pan, and refrigerated until it’s set.
No bake desserts are perfect during the peak of summer when it’s way too hot to have the oven on.
Main ingredients for no bake cheesecake
Graham cracker crumbs – grind 1 and 1/2 sleeves until you have a fine crumb.
Butter – melted butter will coat the ground crumbs acting as a glue to hold the base together.
Cream cheese – makes up the base of the filling. Use full fat, block cream cheese for best results.
Confectioners’ sugar – sweetens and adds structure since it contains cornstarch. Plain powdered sugar will not work as well.
Heavy whipping cream – will whip up into a thick consistency which will give the cheesecake body as well as make it light and creamy.
How to make no-bake cheesecake?
Step 1: Make the crust
Combine graham cracker crumbs and melted butter. Make sure to get all the crumbs well coated then press them firmly into the bottom of a springform pan. Freeze the crust while you make the filling.
Step 2: Make the filling
It’s important to beat the cream cheese until its’ smooth and free of lumps before adding the other ingredients. Mix the batter really well after adding each ingredient.
After adding the cream, beat the filling until it becomes thick and stiff.
Step 3: Refrigerate until set
Spread the filling over the prepared crust and refrigerate overnight.
Tips for no bake cheesecake
- Plan ahead. The cheesecake doesn’t require baking but it does need to refrigerate for at least 8 hours.
- Get those graham cracker crumbs well coated with butter! The butter will harden once cooled, acting as the “glue” that holds the crust together.
- Use full-fat cream cheese for best results.
- Make sure the cream you are using is indeed “heavy whipping cream”. The higher fat content will allow the cream to whip up thicker which is needed to hold the filling together.
More no bake cheesecake recipes you’ll love
For the crust
- 1 and 1/2 cups (148 g) graham cracker crumbs, from about 1 and 1/2 sleeves
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
For the filling
- 24 ounces (680 g) cream cheese, softened
- 1 and 1/2 cups (180 g) confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- 1 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (240 ml) cold heavy whipping cream
Make the crust
- Line the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan with foil or parchment paper: set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cookie crumbs and melted butter. Mix until crumbs are well coated with butter.
- Press the mixture firmly into the bottom and an inch up the sides of the prepared pan. Set in the freezer while you make the filling.
Make the filling
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or with a handheld electric mixer, beat the cream cheese on medium speed until smooth and creamy, about 3 minutes.
- Add the confectioners’ sugar and mix on low speed until the sugar is moistened. Then turn the speed up to medium and continue mixing until well combined, about 2 minutes.
- Add the vanilla, lemon juice, and salt. Mix on medium speed until well incorporated, about 1 minute.
- If using a stand mixer with paddle attachment, switch to the whisk attachment and add the heavy cream. Beat on low speed until the cream is well mixed in. Turn the speed up to high and beat until the batter becomes thick and stiff.
- Pour the filling over the prepared crust and spread to the edges of the pan. Refrigerate for at least 8 hours.