This No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake is supremely creamy and made with fresh strawberry jam that is swirled over the top. No gelatin is needed for this decadent summer treat.
No bake strawberry cheesecake has always been one of my favorite desserts. It’s made with a creamy no bake cheesecake base and has fresh strawberry jam swirled throughout the top.
The flavor is light, the cheesecake is creamy, and it’s a dessert you can eat a lot of without feeling heavy.
So many recipes call for gelatin, like my no bake berry cheesecake, but I wanted to give you a fruity no bake treat without gelatin. That’s what inspired the stunning strawberry swirl on top.
The cheesecake comes together quickly but needs time to chill so it can set firm enough to slice. Plan ahead for this.
Once you’ve made this one, head over to try my baked strawberry cheesecake. It has gotten a ton of rave reviews!
Why this recipe works
- The cheesecake base is the creamiest and it isn’t overly sweet. Heavy cream is whipped in to give it a light texture but it also thickens the filling.
- Homemade strawberry jam is swirled through the top of the cheesecake to give it a fresh strawberry flavor without the use of gelatin.
- It’s a no-bake recipe so it’s perfect to make on hot summer days. It can be made a day in advance for added convenience.
No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake Ingredients
This is a recipe for strawberry cheesecake without gelatin. Instead of mixing pureed strawberries directly into the batter, I made a homemade jam and swirled it over the top. This eliminates the need for gelatin. Let’s go over the ingredients:
- Butter: Melted unsalted butter is used as “glue” to hold the crust together. It’s also used in the jam to prevent it from foaming as it cooks.
- Graham cracker crumbs: I used the regular honey graham crackers.
- Cream cheese: Use a full-fat brick-style cream cheese for the best results.
- Confectioners’ sugar: It’s finer in texture and will ensure your cheesecake isn’t gritty.
- Vanilla extract: For flavor.
- Lemon juice: Also for flavor. It adds a little extra tang that complements the sweet strawberry jam.
- Salt: Just a pinch to balance the sweetness.
- Heavy whipping cream: Make sure to heavy whipping cream or heavy cream. These have more milk fat than regular whipping cream and will whip up stiffer, making the cheesecake not as creamy.
- Strawberries: Use the ripest strawberries you can find. This will give you the best flavor.
- Cornstarch: I used a little to help thicken the jam but you can omit this if you wish.
- Sugar: Granulated sugar is added to the jam for sweetness.
How to make no bake strawberry cheesecake
You are going to be surprised at how simple this cheesecake is to make. And the end result is out of this world.
The Crust – The crust is also no bake and requires only two ingredients. It takes less than 5 minutes to make the crust.
The Filling – The filling comes together in about 10 minutes and is the creamiest no-bake filling I’ve ever had. It’s sweet and tangy and goes perfectly with the strawberry swirl.
The Strawberry Swirl – Fresh strawberries are pureed and cooked down to a loose jam consistency. Once the jam has cooled, it gets swirl in the cheesecake adding a light strawberry flavor in each bite.
Step 1: Make the strawberry jam
You’ll need to make the jam first because it needs to cool to room temperature before adding it to the filling. Otherwise, it will melt the cheesecake and you’ll have a mess on your hands.
Start by pureeing the strawberries. Make sure to remove the green parts and dice them first.
Add the diced strawberries and cornstarch to the bowl of a food processor and puree until completely smooth. Run the puree through a fine-mesh sieve into a small saucepan and discard the seeds and pulp.
Add the sugar and butter then cook over medium heat until the mixture has thickened. It should be like a loose jam consistency and will thicken more as it cools.
The butter helps prevent the strawberries from developing foam on top during cooking.
Remove it from the heat and stir in the vanilla. Transfer the jam to a small bowl and let it cool to room temperature.
Step 2: Make the crust
Because this is a no-bake recipe, the crust doesn’t require sugar as most cheesecake recipes do. All you need is graham cracker crumbs and melted butter.
I use my ninja food processor to grind the graham crackers down into a very fine crumb. I feel the crust holds together best when the crumbs are super fine.
Stir the crumbs with melted butter until they’re all well coated and resemble wet sand.
Press the crumbs into the bottom and 1-inch up the sides of a 9-inch springform pan. Make sure to press firmly and that the crumbs are packed down tight so they hold together.
Place the pan in the freezer while you make the filling.
Step 3: Make the filling
It’s important to make sure the cream cheese is softened to room temperature. Set it out about an hour before you begin making the cheesecake.
Beat the softened cream cheese on medium speed until it’s smooth and creamy. This can take about 3 minutes.
Sift in the confectioners’ sugar. Sifting will remove any clumps of sugar and allow it to mix in easily.
Turn the mixer to low and mix until the sugar is moistened then turn the speed up to medium and continue to mix until the sugar is completely mixed in. This can take close to 2 minutes.
Mix in the vanilla, lemon juice, and salt until well combined.
Switch the paddle attachment to the whisk attachment if you are using a stand mixer.
Add the cream and beat on low speed until well combined. Turn the speed up to high and mix until the filling becomes thick and almost stiff. This may take a while, 3-5 minutes, so be patient.
You want the filling to feel quite thick so it’s sturdy enough to support the strawberry swirl.
Step 4: Assemble the cheesecake
Spread the filling evenly into the crust. Use a small offset spatula to smooth it over all the way to the edges of the pan.
Drop spoonfuls of jam evenly on top of the filling. Use a butter knife and swirl the jam into the filling. You can swirl as little or as much as you like.
It doesn’t have to look super neat either. The beauty lies in the rustic, imperfect appearance of the swirls.
Just look at how the color of the jam pops against the light filling. It’s so messy yet so stunning.
Step 5: Refrigerate
The cheesecake needs to refrigerate for at least 8 hours before serving. This is to ensure the filling is set and you’ll get neat slices out of it.
Tips for making this no bake strawberry cheesecake recipe
- Be sure to use full-fat brick-style cream cheese. The soft whipped cream cheese will not work with this recipe and anything low-fat will cause the texture to be too thin.
- Frozen strawberries will work but you need to thaw them first. Once thawed, you can puree them and make the jam.
- You can make this cheesecake with any berry or a combination of berries.
If you like this no bake cheesecake recipe, try these others: