This Peanut Butter Pie is my new guilty pleasure. Every slice is full of creamy peanut butter and cream cheese filling, chocolaty cookie crust, and lightly sweetened whipped cream.
This recipe is partially no bake. The crust is baked so it’s firm and strong enough to hold the thick filling. The filling doesn’t require baking. Just mix all the ingredients together, pour it into the baked chocolate cookie shell, then refrigerate the pie until it’s set.
I’ve been in peanut butter chocolate overload lately. Between chocolate peanut butter cheesecake, peanut butter crunch cookies, and today’s peanut butter pie, I’ve had enough peanut butter to last a year.
Of course, everyone loves a good pie that’s loaded with creamy peanut butter right?
THIS PEANUT BUTTER PIE HAS 3 COMPONENTS
- Chocolate cookie crust
- Silky peanut butter filling
- Lightly sweetened whipped cream topping
The chocolate cookie crust is the same crust I use for my cheesecakes. It’s made with 30 chocolate filled Oreo cookies that are crushed into fine crumbs and melted butter.
The peanut butter filling is so rich and super silky. It has 6 ingredients, heavy cream, peanut butter, cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, and salt. It’s incredibly decadent.
The heavy cream is whipped to stiff peaks then folded into the peanut butter batter at the end. There is cream cheese in this pie. It wouldn’t hold together without it. But, there’s way more peanut butter than cream cheese to mask the flavor.
I topped the pie with whipped cream but chocolate ganache would also be wonderful. I chose the whipped cream because it makes the pie lighter. Although chocolate ganache would be delicious, it can make the pie feel way too heavy.
The crust must be made ahead because it’s baked and needs to be cooled before adding the filling. There’s no additional baking after that. Just pop the pie into the refrigerator for 4 to 6 hours to set.
The contrast between the crunchy crust and smooth filling is simply delightful. If you want more texture, top the pie with finely chopped peanuts. So tasty!
If you love chocolate and peanut butter as much as I do, you must try Baked Chocolate Donuts with Peanut Butter Frosting and Fudgy Brownies with Peanut Butter Frosting.
Peanut Butter Pie
For the crust
- 30 whole chocolate sandwich cookies, finely crushed
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
Make the crust
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Combine the cookie crumbs and butter and stir until well combined. Press into a 9-inch pie plate. Bake for 7 minutes. Allow the crust to cool completely.
Make the filling
- Using an electric mixer, whip the heavy cream to stiff peaks at medium-high speed. Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, beat the peanut butter, cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, and salt together until smooth and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Use a silicone spatula to gently fold in the whipped cream until well combined. Pour the mixture into the cooled pie shell and smooth the top. Refrigerate for at least 4-6 hours or overnight.
- Top with whipped cream before serving. Serve cold.
Make ahead tip
- The crust can be baked a day ahead. Cover tightly and refrigerate until ready to use.
- The pie can be frozen up to 3 months. Thaw it in the refrigerator overnight.