This Peanut Butter Cup Cookies recipe is so good! Bake up a batch today and swoon over their rich chocolate peanut butter flavor. Each peanut butter cookie is stuffed with a miniature peanut butter cup and drizzled with melty chocolate. Even those who dislike peanut butter will go nuts for these cookies!
Peanut Butter Cup Cookies recipe highlights:
These super rich, decadent peanut butter cookies are stuffed with peanut butter cups and topped with a generous drizzle of melty chocolate. This is a chocolate peanut butter lover’s dream cookie! Much like my Chocolate Peanut Butter Crunch Cookies, these are super easy to make!
This cookie dough doesn’t require chilling, so you are 2 hours closer to consuming deliciousness.
Butter and shortening work hand in hand for today’s recipe. Combined, they produce a perfectly textured cookie. The proof is with my Chewy Ginger Snap Cookies and Best Oatmeal Raisin Cookies. They are the most popular cookie recipes on the site!
It’s extra peanut buttery on the blog today! Soft, chewy peanut butter cookies, with a miniature peanut butter cup hidden inside, and topped with loads of melty chocolate. Wow everyone with this decadent treat!
Fresh baked cookies are the best things ever. They truly are one of life’s greatest pleasures. These peanut butter cup cookies bake up crisp and tender on the outside while melty peanut butter and chocolate fill the center.
This recipe is one I’ve been making for years. It’s from the first cookbook I ever baked from! It’s loved by many! Even those who claim to not like peanut butter. How can someone NOT like peanut butter?!!!
These cookies are everything a cookie should be. The cookie itself exudes peanut butter flavor. It’s soft yet has a slight crisp. The chocolate peanut butter combination is a comforting classic. It’s rich and decadent. And you simply can’t stop at just one.
The chocolate peanut butter combination is a comforting classic. It’s rich and decadent. And you simply can’t stop at just one.
Like with most cookies, you can whip up the dough, shape the balls and freeze them on a cookie sheet before tossing them into zip-top bags to save for later. You can simply pull out as many as you’d like and bake them up whenever the urge strikes.
Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
- 1 and 1/4 cups packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup vegetable shortening, softened
- 3 tablespoons whole milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 30 mini peanut butter cups, unwrapped
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment or with a hand mixer, beat the sugar, peanut butter, shortening, milk, and vanilla together on medium speed until well blended. Add the egg and beat until blended.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, salt, and baking soda. Stir with a whisk. Add it to the peanut butter mixture and mix until blended.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon sized balls of dough and shape it around each peanut butter cup, enclosing it entirely. Place 2 inches apart onto the prepared baking sheet. Flatten slightly with the spatula or the back of a spoon.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until the cookies are just set and beginning to brown. Cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet. Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
Make the glaze
- Combine the chocolate chips and oil in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave according to the package directions until fully melted and smooth. Drizzle over cooled cookies.
Nutritional values here on my recipes should be used as a general guide only. Since different brands of ingredients have different nutritional information, the values shown are just an estimate.