Pumpkin Oatmeal Cream Pies with caramel are the best cookies you will ever sink your teeth into. Soft pumpkin oatmeal cookies sandwiched together with marshmallow cream and homemade caramel. You will love this gooey homemade cookie!
Last week I made pumpkin oatmeal cookies and couldn’t resist smearing marshmallow cream between two of them. I was then compelled to add my homemade caramel sauce over the cream. And oh. my. goodness.
There are no words to describe how incredible this is.
Making pumpkin oatmeal cream pies is fairly simple. You need to make a batch of caramel and a batch of cookies ahead of time. So plan ahead for this.
The marshmallow cream is the exact same recipe for my oatmeal cream pies and it doesn’t need to be prepared ahead of time. You can wait until you are ready to assemble the sandwich cookies before whipping up the marshmallow cream.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy for more details.
I tried filling the cookies two different ways. One with the caramel layered over the cream. While this made for great photographs, I don’t recommend it if you’re not serving them right away. The caramel dripped out and got all over everything.
The best way to fill them is to pipe a thick rim of marshmallow cream around the outer perimeter of the cookie. Then, fill the center with caramel. The caramel will actually meld to the cookie and stay in place.
The pumpkin oatmeal cream pies are super sweet because of all the sugary components. Sweet but so worth the toothache.
Besides, they’re not that bad as long as you have a glass of milk to go along with them.
Get into the kitchen and gives these decadent fall cookies a whirl. I’m sure you, your friends, and your family will love this fun twist on the classic Little Debbie sandwich cookie.
Pumpkin Oatmeal Cream Pies
Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies*
- 1 recipe pumpkin oatmeal cookies
Homemade Caramel Sauce
- 1 recipe homemade caramel sauce
Make the cookies
- Prepare the pumpkin oatmeal cookies according to the recipe instructions.
Make the caramel sauce
- Prepare the homemade caramel sauce according to the recipe instructions. Set aside to cool completely.
Make the cream
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until blended and fluffy.
Assemble the cookies
- Pipe a thick boarder of marshmallow cream around the outer edge on the bottom side of one cookie. Pipe caramel sauce into the center, filling the well created by the cream. Top with a second cookie. The cookies will keep for up to 2 days covered and stored in the refrigerator. They can be frozen for up to 2 months; thaw overnight in the refrigerator.