These Lemon Cheesecake bars are the perfect treat to welcome spring and warmer weather. The perfect balance of sweet and sour, these creamy lemon bars will taste like they were made in a bakery. The melt in your mouth creamy texture comes from the use of cream cheese and eggs. Only a small amount of lemon juice is used so it’s not overpowering. Top the lemon cheesecake bars with a light dusting of powdered sugar and enjoy. This is one lemon treat that everyone is sure to enjoy!
Today’s recipe is no exception. It’s wonderfully light, creamy, tangy, and the perfect amount of sweet. If you loved my lemony lemon bars, you will certainly adore these lemon cheesecake bars!
I took the recipe for the best cheesecake and adapted it to form these bars. I added lemon juice and lemon zest for tons of bright flavor.
These easy lemon cheesecake bars are just the thing you need during a warm spring day. It rests over a thick, buttery graham cracker crust and will become your absolute favorite lemon cheesecake!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy for more details.
The crust is made with just three simple ingredients. Graham crackers, butter, and sugar. The crust will actually fit a 9-inch pie pan so you can easily turn this recipe into a pie!
I used it for my key lime cheesecake pie and it worked out perfectly!
The lemon cheesecake filling is thick, creamy, tart, and sweet. You know I love a silky smooth cheesecake and this recipe fits the bill.
Flavored with plenty of lemon juice and zest, you’re definitely going to taste the lemon. Be sure to use fresh lemon juice for these bars. It yields the best flavor and is not too sour.
Your lips won’t pucker with this recipe!
Easy Lemon Cheesecake Bars
For the crust
- 1 and 1/2 cups (204 grams) graham cracker crumbs
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/3 cup (66 grams) sugar
For the filling
- 16 ounces (453 grams) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cups (150 grams) sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/3 cup (8 milliliters) fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- confectioners’ sugar for dusting, optional
Make the crust
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line an 8×8 baking pan with aluminum foil and spray lightly with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- Combine the graham cracker crumbs, butter, and sugar in a medium bowl. Stir until the mixture resembles wet sand. Press it into the bottom of the prepared pan and bake for 5 minutes. Cool completely while making the filling.
Make the filling
- Reduce the oven temperature to 300ºF.
- Beat cream cheese in a mixing bowl until smooth and creamy. Beat in the sugar until well combined. Add the lemon zest, lemon juice, and vanilla. Beat until combined. Using a silicone spatula, gently fold the egg into the batter until fully incorporated.
- Pour over prepared crust and bake for 30-35 minutes or until the edges of the filling feels firm but the center remains jiggly. Leave cheesecake in pan to cool completely then refrigerate for at least 8 hours.
- Lift the foil out of the pan and cut the cheesecake into squares. Dust with confectioner’s sugar if desired.
- The bars will keep for up to 5 days stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. The bars can be frozen for up to 2 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator.