There is so much to love about Butterfinger Cheesecake with Caramel Drizzle. Butterfinger candy bars and cheesecake is an incredible combination. It’s truly a match made in cheesecake heaven! Loads of chopped Butterfinger candies fill the body of the cheesecake and more are added over the top. The whole thing rests on fudge-filled sandwich cookies that have been crushed into crumbs for a rich chocolate crust. And let’s not forget the drippy caramel drizzle. This decadent cheesecake is sure to be a delight.
My all-time favorite cheesecake recipe gets revamped with butterfingers, chocolate cookie crust, and caramel drizzle. It’s decadent cheesecake heaven! It’s almost as good as my Nutella cheesecake.
The great thing about this cheesecake is you can swap out the butterfingers for any other candy bar you desire. Snickers bars would be a great alternative.
The cheesecake is cooked in a water bath and left to cool in the oven after 1 hour of baking. This process yields a creamy cheesecake without the dreaded cracking. Be sure to read my tips on how to make the best cheesecake for optimal results.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy for more details.
I made this amazing cheesecake a few weeks ago and shared a large piece with a friend of mine. She loves cheesecake and frequents this quaint bakery that sells these adorable single serve cheesecake.
So while I was photographing it, I sent her a quick snapshot and she immediately begged to come over. I was too busy that day to have company, so I cut her a huge slice and sent it her way. She LOVED it!
I got the idea to make this cheesecake from an old Taste of Home magazine. I like to cut out the recipes that catch my eye and file them away for a later date.
When it came time to plan what I wanted to share this week, I turned to my ginormous 3-ring binder filled with clipped recipes. The candy bar cheesecake was the first one that caught my eye. So I went with it.
For this cheesecake, I used my favorite no-fail cheesecake filling and mixed in chopped Butterfinger bars. Poured the filling over a fudge-filled cookie crust. Oreos will work too if you can’t find fudge-filled sandwich cookies. And topped the whole thing off with more chopped Butterfinger bars and a generous drizzle of homemade caramel sauce.
The Butterfinger cheesecake looks delicious and tastes even better. Be sure you have plenty of friends and family to share it with or you may be tempted to eat it all yourself.
Butterfinger Cheesecake with Caramel Drizzle
For the crust
- 2 and 1/2 cups fudge-filled sandwich cookie crumbs, about 30 cookies
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
For the cheesecake
Make the crust
- Adjust the oven rack to the lower third position and preheat the oven to 350ºF. Wrap the outer bottom of a 9-inch springform pan tightly with aluminum foil.
- Combine the cookie crumbs and melted butter. Press the crumb mixture into the bottom and about 2-inches up the sides of the pan. Bake for 10 minutes. Set aside to cool while you make the filling.
Make the filling
- Reduce the oven temperature to 300ºF.
- In a large mixing bowl beat the cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth. Beat in the heavy cream and sugar until well combined. Add the vanilla, beat on low speed until smooth.
- Using a silicone spatula, gently stir in the eggs just until combined. Fold in the chopped candy bar.
- Pour the batter over the crust in the prepared pan. Place the pan inside a roasting pan. Fill the roasting pan with enough hot water to reach halfway up the sides of the cheesecake pan.
- Bake for 1 hour, OR until the edges are set and the center is slightly jiggly. Turn the oven off, leave the cheesecake in the water bath in the oven for another hour.
- Remove the cheesecake from the water bath. Run a small knife around the outer edge of the cheesecake to loosen it from the pan and leave it to cool completely. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
- Just before serving, Remove the sides of the pan. Top the cheesecake with the remaining candy bar and drizzle with homemade caramel sauce.