Mini pumpkin ginger cupcakes are deliciously spiced. Each pumpkin cupcake is topped with a puff of ginger frosting and drizzled with caramel. So good and perfect for fall!
Today I’m sharing spiced pumpkin cupcakes with a puff of sweet ginger frosting and drizzly caramel sauce. These pumpkin ginger cupcakes are my favorite and they are perfect for a Thanksgiving dessert.
If you think this sounds delicious, you should also try my pumpkin pie cupcakes. Oh man, those are good!
Pumpkin s’mores bars should also make an appearance this holiday. They just may be my favorite fall dessert.
Let’s talk more about today’s pumpkin ginger cupcakes!
The cupcake is a simple pumpkin cupcake seasoned with pumpkin pie spice. And they’re mini. I think everyone can agree that mini cupcakes are so much fun to eat. Especially when they’re soft, moist, and full of so much flavor.
The thing I love most about these pumpkin cupcakes is they are topped with ginger frosting and then drizzled with caramel. The caramel alone makes them incredibly delicious.
The frosting is a mix of cream cheese and mascarpone cheese. I love using mascarpone in frosting.
It is very light in flavor making it the perfect blank canvas for an array of different spices. This particular recipe calls for ginger. Ginger pairs perfectly well with pumpkin. It’s such an amazing flavor combo!
Finish the frosted cupcakes with a drizzle of homemade caramel sauce. Then, gear up for a life changing experience.
Whip these cupcakes up during the holiday season and prepare to indulge in utter deliciousness. And since they are mini, you can enjoy more than one at a time!
Please let me know if you make them. I’d love to hear your thoughts on the recipe and if you and your family enjoyed them.
Pumpkin Ginger Cupcakes
For the caramel
- 1 recipe homemade caramel sauce
For the cupcakes
For the frosting
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese, softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste, or vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1-2 cups confectioners' sugar
Make the caramel
- Prepare the homemade caramel sauce according to the recipe instructions.
Make the cupcakes
- Heat oven to 350ºF degrees. Line a mini muffin pan with paper cups. Set aside
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and granulated sugar until fluffy. Beat in the pumpkin puree. Add the eggs one at a time; beat well after each addition. Beat in the vanilla extract.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, and salt in a medium bowl; stir with a fork or whisk. Gradually add the flour mixture to the pumpkin mixture alternating with the milk. Begin and end with the flour mixture.
- Spoon 2 tsp of batter into each prepared muffin cup. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the cupcake springs back when touched. Remove from pan immediately and allow the cupcakes to cool completely on a wire rack.
Make the frosting
- Beat the mascarpone and cream cheese on medium speed until fluffy. Beat in vanilla extract and ground ginger just until incorporated. Add one cup of the sugar and beat on low until smooth. Beat in more sugar if thicker frosting is desired. Spread the frosting over cooled cupcakes. Drizzle caramel over the frosting.
Nutritional values here on my recipes should be used as a general guide only. Since different brands of ingredients have different nutritional information, the values shown are just an estimate.