Cheddar Jalapeno Buttermilk Bread is super moist buttermilk bread loaded with cheddar and jalapeno. Buttermilk gives the bread a wonderful texture and delightful flavor. With a generous amount of sharp cheddar cheese and jalapenos, this bread will knock your socks off! It’s so flavorful and will be great alongside your favorite soups.
Cheddar Jalapeno Buttermilk Bread recipe highlights:
- This bread is quick and can be on the table in less than an hour. It’s as simple as dumping the ingredients into a bowl and stirring.
- It’s light, soft, crumbly, and full of cheese. I mean packed full!
- Homemade buttermilk bread is a great way to use up any leftover buttermilk you have hanging around in the refrigerator.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy for more details.
Buttermilk bread is so delightful. The acidity of the buttermilk tenderizes and moistens the bread so you can cut back on butter and oil. This recipe uses only 4 tablespoons of butter. It also adds a slight tanginess which pairs wonderfully with sharp cheddar cheese and jalapenos.
Today’s bread is rich with flavor and is great served alone or as a side to your favorite soup. I like to gobble down huge slices for breakfast when I’m feeling dangerous. As most of you may remember, I’m not much of a fan of heavy breakfasts. But once in a while, I like to live on the wild side.
No yeast is needed for this recipe. This is a basic quick bread. Which basically means you mix it all up in one bowl, pour the batter into a loaf pan, and bake for 45 minutes. I believe the hardest part about this recipe is the aroma of the cheesy bread baking. It made my entire house smell amazing.
Cheddar Jalapeno Buttermilk Bread
- 3 cups (390 grams) all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 and 1/4 teaspoon (1 ans 1/4 teaspoon) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) (226 grams ) block sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped fine
- 1 and 1/2 cup (360 milliliters) buttermilk, room temperature
- 1/4 cup (56 grams) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF. Grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and white pepper. Stir with a whisk. Add the cheese and jalapenos. Stir to combine. Whisk the buttermilk and butter together and add it to flour mixture. Stir until well combined. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and spread it evenly with a rubber spatula.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with only a few dry crumbs. Cool in the pan for 5 minutes. Turn the bread out onto a wire rack and cool completely. Slice and serve.