These Vanilla Yogurt Cupcakes are made with a whole cup of yogurt. They are fluffy, moist, and perfectly light! Topped with strawberry frosting, these cupcakes would make a wonderful Valentine’s treat.
Today is the start of several Valentine’s recipes I have for you.
These cupcakes are one of the best vanilla cupcakes I’ve ever made. I took a huge risk by adding a whole cup of vanilla yogurt, but the results were fantastic.
Hubby took these to the office with him and he said they disappeared rather quickly. That’s when I knew I had to share the recipe with you.
The cupcakes are incredibly moist, buttery, and sweet. Because of the extra liquid, I had to extend the baking time by about 5 minutes.
This could vary for you so be sure keep a close eye on them. With the extended baking time, the cupcakes will develop a slight crust on the outside.
Sort of like a pound cake but not quite as dark. It’s quite wonderful.
On top of these delectable beauties goes a light strawberry frosting. It’s the perfect combination.
I made a basic vanilla buttercream frosting and mixed in strawberry jam for flavor. I love how light and creamy the frosting is.
Frost the cupcakes and garnish with fresh slices of ripened strawberries.
These vanilla yogurt cupcakes are wonderful and much better than any cupcake from a box. Surprise your love with these for Valentine’s day.
Vanilla Yogurt Cupcakes with Strawberry Frosting
For the frosting
- 3/4 cup (170 grams) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups (240 grams) confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/3 cup (113 grams) strawberry jam
- fresh strawberries for garnish, (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line 15 muffin cups with paper liners. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together the melted butter and sugar. Beat in the yogurt. Add the eggs one at a time, beat well after each addition. Beat in the vanilla.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture alternating with milk. Begin and end with flour mixture. Mix until well blended.
- Spoon batter into prepared pans, filling each cup 2/3 full. Bake for 25 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove cupcakes immediately from pans, and cool on a wire rack.
To make the frosting
- Beat butter on medium speed until fluffy. Gradually beat in powdered sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in milk until frosting reaches spreading consistency. Stir in the strawberry jam. Frost the cupcakes, garnish with fresh strawberries, and enjoy.
Make ahead tip
- Cupcakes will keep for up to 5 days stored in the refrigerator.
- The plain cupcake can be made 1 day in advance. Cover and store at room temperature.
- The frosting can be made 1 day in advance. Cover and store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Both frosted and unfrosted cupcakes can be frozen for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
Nutritional values here on my recipes should be used as a general guide only. Since different brands of ingredients have different nutritional information, the values shown are just an estimate.