This post may contain affiliate links. Read the full disclosure here.
Sweet Watermelon Sorbet made with only 3 ingredients. You’ll crave this on a hot summer day.
This watermelon sorbet is what summer is all about. It is super simple to make and just what you will need to finish out the hottest summer month.
Leave the oven off and grab yourself a heaping scoop of this fresh sorbet.
The best thing about this sorbet is it requires only 3 ingredients – fresh watermelon, pomegranate juice, and sweetened condensed milk. So easy!
You will need to freeze the watermelon and pomegranate juice, then puree it in a blender with the sweetened condensed milk. Afterward, freeze it for about 4 hours.
Why this recipe works
- Fresh, summer ripend watermelon is the star of the show here. A quality fruit will yeild the best flavor.
- Pomegranate juice is added to give the sorbet color. The flavor isn’t overwhelming and complements the watermelon.
- Freezing the pomegranate juice and watermelton will help create the sorbet texture.
This watermelon sorbet is such a simple dessert recipe. It comes together in no time and requires only 3 ingredients.
- Watermelon: It’s important to select a good melon since it’s the star of the recipe. You want to make sure it’s ripe and sweet.
- Pomegranate juice: Bottled juice works perfectly find for this.
- Sweetened condensed milk: This will make the sorbet creamy and sweet. It’s an important part of the recipe and I don’t recommend substituting it.
How to pick a good watermelon for sorbet?
You’ll need to wisely select your watermelon or the sorbet will be tasteless. Here are a few simple tips to help you choose the sweetest watermelon.
- Look for a deep, dark green color with creamy, light yellow stripes. The overall color should be dull and not shiny. Underripe melons will be shiny.
- The “feild spot” or side where the watermelon sat on the ground will be discolored. This spot should be cream and yellow. If it’s white or light yellow, select a different melon.
- Choose a melon that feels heavy for its size. This means there’s more water content and it will be sweeter.
- Also rounder melons tend to be sweeter than oval shaped melons.
How to make watermelon sorbet
You don’t need an ice cream maker for this simple dessert recipe!
- Freeze cubes of watermelon and cubes of pomegranate sorbet.
- Blend frozen watermelon, pomegranate, and sweetened condensed milk until smooth and creamy.
- Freeze until firm.
Step by step instructions
Slice the watermelon into 1 to 2-inch cubes, removing the rind. Lay the cubes on a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper and freeze until firm, about 2 hours or overnight.
Pour the pomegranate juice into an ice cube tray and freeze until firm, about 2 hours or overnight.
Add the frozen watermelon cubes, pomegranate cubes, and condensed milk to a food processor or heavy-duty blender and process until smooth and creamy.
Transfer the mixture to a freezer-safe container, cover tightly, and freeze until firm, about 4 hours or overnight.
It really is that simple.
So get yourself a juicy, ripe watermelon and whip up this refreshing summer snack.
Storage & freezing
- For best results, enjoy this homemade sorbet within 3 days of making it.
- Keep the sorbet stored in a sturdy airtight container with minimal space at the top.
- Place plastic wrap over the surface of the sorbet. Make sure it is touching so it can help prevent ice crystals from forming.
Did you try this recipe? I would love for you to leave me a 5-star rating or comment. This way, I have a better understanding of which recipes you like and can create more of them.
You can also shop my favorite baking tools. Thank you so much for your support!