Super soft and creamy fudge spiced with cinnamon, nutmeg, and cayenne then coated with white chocolate. These Mexican Hot Chocolate Fudge Bites are sure to spice up your Valentine!
Mexican Hot Chocolate Fudge Bites
Mexican Hot Chocolate Fudge Bites is actually super simple to make. There are no intricate steps involved and the fudge is made right in the microwave!
For this recipe, you need a good quality chocolate. I often reach for Ghiradelli but lately, I’ve been loving Scharffen Berger. The flavor is deep, rich, and so chocolatey. And it melts so smooth.
The fudge center is made with bittersweet chocolate. You can use chips, chunks, or baking chocolate. If using baking chocolate, it needs to be coarsely chopped.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy for more details.
How to make spicy hot chocolate fudge in the microwave?
Melt the chocolate with sweetened condensed milk. I popped mine in the microwave for 1 minute then again in 10-second intervals until the chocolate was melted and the fudge was smooth.
Then stir in some cayenne pepper, cinnamon, and a little nutmeg. This is by far the best part of the whole recipe. Because we are using bittersweet chocolate, the fudge isn’t overly sweet. It’s an incredible balance made better with a little heat.
Pour the fudge into an 8×8-inch pan lined with parchment paper and smooth it out evenly. The fudge needs to refrigerate for two hours or until it has set.
Remove the fudge from the pan and slice it into 1-1/2 to 2inch squares. You can get 25 slices of spicy hot chocolate fudge if you cut them 1-1/2 inches wide.
Melt white chocolate chips and dip each piece of fudge until evenly coated. The simplest way to dip the fudge is to use a fork. Set the fudge on the tip of the fork, dip in the melted wafers, and tap the fork on the side of the bowl to remove any excess.
How to melt white chocolate chips?
Place the white chocolate chips in a heatproof bowl. Fill a small pot with about an inch of water and bring to a simmer. Set the bowl of white chocolate chips over the pot and stir continuously until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
This process takes several minutes. Don’t rush it. Keep the heat low and stir non stop. This is the best way to prevent white chocolate from seizing and will yield smooth melty chocolate.
To make these Mexican hot chocolate fudge bites extra special for Valentine’s Day I decorated the top with little heart sprinkles. Aren’t they cute?
Looking for more fudge recipes?
Spicy Valentine’s Fudge Bites
- Combine the baking chips and sweetened condensed milk in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat on high for 1 minute. Stir until the chocolate is completely melted. Heat in increments of 10 seconds if additional heating is needed.
- Stir in the cinnamon, nutmeg, and cayenne.
- Spread the fudge mixture evenly into the bottom of an 8×8-inch pan lined with parchment paper. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until set.
- Lift the parchment paper and fudge out of the pan. Slice the fudge into 1-1/2 to 2 inch pieces.
- Place white chocolate in a heatproof bowl and set over a pot of barely simmering water. Stir continuously until chocolate is fully melted and smooth.
- Using a fork, dip each fudge piece into the melted wafers. Tap the fork on the side of the bowl and wipe any excess off on the rim. Place the fudge bite on parchment paper.
- Top with sprinkles if desired. Allow fudge bites to set for at least an hour before serving.