This Nutella Cheesecake tastes like it came from a gourmet bakery. It’s decadent, creamy, and full of Nutella flavor.
1. The texture of this cheesecake is softer and creamier than a typical cheesecake. It's more like a thick, silky mousse.
Because of this, the cheesecake will be easiest to slice when very cold or frozen. But, allow the slices to sit at room temperature for 20-30 minutes before serving for optimal texture.
2. The total time represents total rest and chill time. Plan ahead when making this recipe.
3. Heavy cream is necessary. Do not attempt to use milk in place of it.
4. Do not attempt to make this in a regular cake pan. First, regular cake pans are not tall enough to hold all the batter. Second, this cheesecake is mousse-like in texture and you will have one hell of a time trying to remove it from the pan.
Oven temps can vary which means your cheesecake may need more time to bake. You'll know it is done cooking when the outer edges of the cheesecake feel firm to the touch while the center looks wet and jiggles when shaken. If the cheesecake doesn't look this way after an hour of cooking, let it cook until it does. Then you can turn the oven off and let the cheesecake rest for another hour in the oven.
- Bake the cheesecake in 24 muffin cups lined with paper for 20-25 minutes. Turn the oven off and leave them in for another hour.