Oven Baked Salmon Cakes
Oven Baked Salmon Cakes are perfect for your summer party! Made with fresh salmon, bell peppers, onions, and parsley, you won’t feel guilty about eating more that one of these baked patties. This is a recipe you will turn to time and time again. It’s so good!!
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time25 mins
Total Time45 mins
Yields: 6 to 8 salmon cakes
For the salmon cakes
- 1 pound (453.59 grams) fresh salmon skin removed
- 1/2 cup (122 milliliters) lemon juice
- 1 and 1/3 cups (149 grams) plain breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup (41 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 green bell pepper finely chopped
- 1/2 small onion finely chopped
- 1/4 cup (15 grams) fresh parsley chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- cooking spray
For the vinaigrette
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup (54 grams) extra virgin light olive oil
In a small saucepan, bring 2 cups water and lemon juice to a boil. Add salmon, cover, and reduce heat to low. Cook for 10 minutes or until salmon is opaque and flaky. Remove salmon and allow to cool.
Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil; set aside.
In a large bowl, mix breadcrumbs, flour, bell pepper, onion, parsley, salt, and cayenne.
Break apart the salmon and add to breadcrumb mixture. Add the egg and mix to combine.
Roll a handful of the mixture into a ball and flatten to form a disc.
pray each patty lightly with cooking spray. Place on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes, flipping each patty over halfway through the cooking time. Serve with asparagus or greens and drizzle with honey mustard vinaigrette.