These delicious S’mores Cereal Bars are loaded with marshmallows, chocolate chips, and Shredded Wheat Frosted S’mores Bites! They’re a quick treat for summer that will be a hit with the entire family. This recipe is simple, fast, and perfect for when you’re craving an ooey-gooey treat.
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
It’s been a few months since I’ve shared a cereal bar. This new recipe includes Shredded Wheat Frosted S’mores Bites, marshmallows, and chocolate chips.
It’s very simple and a fun new way to enjoy the flavor of s’mores!
Today’s s’mores treat is a no-bake dessert making it perfect for summertime. It’s also quick and easy to put together.
You only need 4 ingredients. The most fun ingredient is the Shredded Wheat Frosted S’mores Bites. They are new to Walmart!
When I was searching for a fun cereal to use for these bars, two more new cereals caught my eye. Cinnamon Pebbles and Shredded Wheat Frosted Cinnamon Roll! I just had to try them as well!
The bars are made by chopping the Shredded Wheat pieces in half. This is a must or they’ll be too large and won’t combine well with the rest of the ingredients.
Then, a melty marshmallow and butter mixture is the glue that holds everything together.
Once the cereal is well coated with gooey marshmallow, stir in more mini marshmallows and chocolate chips. Press it all into the bottom of an 8-inch square pan. Try to really pack it in so it holds together.
It takes about an hour for the bars to set. If you’re in a hurry, you can also pop them in the refrigerator to speed up the process.
In order to get the bars out of the pan, be sure to grease and line the pan with parchment paper. You should be able to easily flip the bars out onto a cutting board.
You can slice the bars in square or rectangles. I cut mine in rectangles which gave me 8 bars. If you cut them into squares, you can get as many as 16 bars.
Drizzle the top of each bar with melted chocolate and watch your family’s face light up with delight!
S’mores Cereal Bars
- 3 cups Shredded Wheat Frosted S’mores Bites, coarsely chopped
- 2 and 1/2 cups mini marshmallows, divided
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 and 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Grease an 8-inch square pan and line the bottom with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, heat 2 cups of the marshmallows and butter over low heat, stirring occasionally, until completely melted. Pour the marshmallow mixture over the shredded wheat in a large bowl and stir until evenly coated. Stir in remaining marshmallows and 1/2 cup of chocolate chips.
- Press the mixture firmly into the bottom of the prepared pan and let cool for at least an hour or until firm. Invert the bars out onto a cutting board and slice them into squares or rectangles.
- Place the remaining chocolate chips and oil in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave according to the package directions until fully melted and smooth. Drizzle over the bars. Store the bars at room temperature for up to 1 week.