This quick and easy Sesame Ginger Salmon Salad is nutritious, delicious, and a convenient choice for any occasion.
This post was sponsored by Eat Smart as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own. I received product samples to facilitate my review.
Most of you know that I love to enjoy a salad for dinner. I fill a large bowl with spring mix and baby spinach then top it with all sorts of veggies. I even add a little fruit to my salads.
For me, salad is simple, convenient and healthy. There’s no way you can get bored with it because you can switch things up and add whatever types of greens and veggies you desire.
I’ve yet to share a salad recipe with you because I mostly focus on desserts and all things baked. But salad is such a huge part of my life I figured it’s time to share one of my favorite types of salad… Sesame Ginger Salmon Salad!
If you follow me on Instagram, you may remember the story I shared about a package full of Gourmet Vegetable Salad Kits by Eat Smart. Have you tried them?
I was excited for the five different varieties that can be turned into appetizers, entrées, or side dishes. They really are perfect for any occasion.
Since I really don’t like to cook dinner, Eat Smart Gourmet Vegetable Salad Kits make meal time simple because they are ready-to-go, delicious, and nutritious. Basically, they are everything that makes me happy.
Eat Smart Asian Sesame Vegetable Salad Kit combines six superfoods with crunchy bits and sweet sesame dressing. It’s a chef-inspired gourmet salad!
The sophisticated blend of red and green cabbage, carrots, and kale is enhanced by preservative-free toppings that include cashews and sesame sticks.
If you are anything like my husband you can’t enjoy a salad without some source of meat. So today I’m sharing a fun way to incorporate protein that pairs wonderfully with the Asian Sesame flavors.
I love glazed salmon and you can whip it up fairly quick to add to the salad. I made my own sweet sesame ginger glaze and basted the salmon as it cooked in the oven.
The great thing about seafood is it doesn’t take long to cook. You can still have dinner ready and on the table in under 30 minutes.
Feel free to try this with chicken also!
Living well starts with eating well. Use the store locator to find where Eat Smart products are sold near you. They are a convenient and deliciously healthy to enjoy every day.
Sesame Ginger Salmon Salad
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 4 (4 ounce) salmon fillets
- 1 (12 ounce) Eat Smart Asian Sesame Vegetable Salad Kit
- Whisk all the ingredients together in a small sauce pan. Bring to a boil over medium heat and continue to cook until thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Arrange salmon in a lightly greased shallow baking dish and brush a layer of glaze over the top. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until salmon is cooked through, basting with glaze every 5 minutes. Remove from oven and use a fork to shred into bite sized pieces.
- Place salad in a large bowl and add in the toppings and dressing from the kit. Toss everything together. Divide the salad among 4 salad bowls and top with shredded salmon.