For a beautiful and delicious Mother’s Day treat, whip up this easy Strawberry Cheesecake Mousse. Fresh strawberries are paired with cream cheese to create a luscious cheesecake filling. The filling sits on a bed of graham cracker crumbs and is topped with more crumbs, diced strawberries, and homemade whipped cream. Enjoy!
Strawberry Cheesecake Mousse recipe highlights:
Cheesecake makes a regular appearance here on the blog. Just last week I shared this Ah-Mazing butterfinger cheesecake. It’s still going crazy on social media! You guys love it. Today’s recipe is a much simpler one. There’s absolutely no baking involved.
Fresh strawberries are cooked with sugar and mixed with a little gelatin to thicken the mixture. That gets combined with cream cheese and whipped cream to create a light and silky cheesecake filling. It’s so fresh tasting and absolutely perfect for this time of year.
To bring out more of the strawberry flavor, top the filling with fresh strawberries. If you like fresh spring berries, this simple recipe is for you!
I am certain you are going to really enjoy this recipe. It’s so pretty and would be a fun treat to serve mom on her special day. Not to mention, it’s fairly easy to make.
Mother’s Day is all about celebrating mom and the countless sacrifices she makes to keep the household running smoothly. Show her how much you appreciate everything she has done and still does for you by making her this velvety smooth strawberry cheesecake mousse.
After one bite, she will think you spent the entire day slaving over such a lovely dessert. It’s so creamy and practically melts away in your mouth. Strawberries and cheesecake are such a classic combination, it’s like the flavors were made for each other.
The crust for the cheesecake mousse is nothing more than a sprinkle of crushed graham cracker crumbs. You can’t have cheesecake without a graham cracker crust, that’s just insane.
Top with fresh strawberries and homemade whipped cream, and you’ve got yourself the best no-bake cheesecake. This smooth and creamy dessert is actually far better than any baked cheesecake I’ve ever had.
Serve it in individual mason jars, parfait glasses, or in fancy wine glasses, whatever fits your mom’s personality.
No-Bake Strawberry Cheesecake Mousse
- Pulse 6 and 1/2 cups of the strawberries in a food processor until finely chopped. You may need to do this in 2 batches depending on how large the processing bowl is. Transfer to a large bowl and stir in 1/4 cup of the sugar and salt. Cover and let sit for 1 hour.
- Strain the sugar soaked strawberries through a fine mesh sieve over a medium bowl. You should get about 3/4 cups of juice from the berries. Measure out 3 tbsp of juice into a small bowl and sprinkle the gelatin over the top. Let sit for 5 minutes to soften the gelatin. Transfer the remaining juice to a small saucepan and cook on medium-high heat until reduced to 1/4 cup, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the softened gelatin until completely dissolved. Whisk in the cream cheese until smooth and transfer to a large bowl.
- Return the drained strawberries to the processor and process until smooth. Strain the puree through a fine mesh sieve into a medium bowl. Use a wooden spoon to press on the solids to remove the seeds and pulp. You should get close to 2 cups of puree. Discard the seeds and pulp. Add the puree to the cream cheese mixture and whisk until blended and smooth.
- In a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat the cream on medium low speed until frothy. Increase the speed to high and beat until soft peaks form. Gradually add the remaining sugar and whip to stiff peaks. Whisk half of the whipped cream into the strawberry cheesecake mixture until well incorporated and no streaks remain. Refrigerate remaining whipped cream until ready to use.
- Sprinkle about 2 to 3 tablespoons of graham crackers into the bottom of 4 parfait glasses. (8 glasses can be used for smaller servings.) Divide the strawberry cheesecake evenly among the glasses. Chill for 4 hours. Just before serving, sprinkle the remaining graham cracker crumbs over the top of the filling in each glass. Divide the remaining strawberries among the glasses and top with reserved whipped cream.