Mango Cupcakes with Mango Buttercream are perfect for spring! They are super easy to make. Made with fresh mango puree, mango extract, and topped with mango buttercream, these cupcakes are chock full of mango flavor. These cupcakes are perfect for a spring picnic or cookout!
I hope your week is off to a great start! We got some news a few weeks ago that I am finally able to share…
I’m not sure if I’ve ever mentioned the fact that my husband works for the US Army. It’s one of those things that I don’t really like sharing on the internet. But, he went to college and commissioned as an officer.
He’s put in over 10 years and is only 10 more years away from retiring. Or so we thought…
Last year we heard there was going to be a review board and soldiers from my husbands year group, meaning they graduated and commissioned in the same year as my husband, are going to be forced to leave the Army.
A few weeks ago we were told that 700 soldiers were cut. My husband being one of them.
This is a life altering event and honestly, it’s terrifying.
The Army has provided us with a steady income and health benefits. It’s allowed us to buy a house, which we just bought last year.
I’ve been fortunate enough to be able to stay home and dedicate all my time to growing the blog and building my brand. Our life has been comfortable.
I’m not saying this to brag, but to remind you not to take things for granted. We get so comfortable when things go smoothly that we forget to stop and count our blessings.
Take a moment to stop and appreciate everything you have. Not just material things, but heath, family, and friends too. You never know when something so important to you will be taken away.
Okay, enough with the sappy stuff. Let’s talk cupcakes!!
Mango Cupcakes with Mango Buttercream
For the cupcakes
Make the cupcakes
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line a 12 cup muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir with a whisk.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, or with a hand mixer, beat the butter, oil, and sugar together until well combined and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, followed by the mango extract. Beat in half the flour mixture, then the mango puree, and then the rest of the flour mixture. Beat until the batter is smooth, scrape down the sides as needed.
- Divide the batter evenly among the prepared muffin cups. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted into the centers comes out clean. Allow the cupcakes to cool in the pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes, then remove the cupcakes from the pan and place them on the wire rack to cool completely. Top them with frosting.
Make the frosting
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat the butter and shortening on medium speed for 2 minutes, until fluffy.
- Add the mango puree and mango extract and mix to combine.
- Add the sugar, one cup at a time, mixing on low speed until well combined.