Crisp, light, and airy, these Individual Kiwi Pavlovas will cure that sweet tooth without weighing you down.
This recipe is so easy to whip up! Each individual pavlova is topped with whipped cream and a few slices of kiwi. It really doesn’t get more simple than that!
The kiwi gets a light coating of sugar before it’s added to the pavlovas to ensure they are nicely balanced. This is one dainty little cake that comes together in a snap!
Individual Kiwi Pavlovas
This recipe is super simple and tastes incredible. They also look adorable and your family will think you put a lot of effort into dessert. They are just as easy to make as my
They are just as easy to make as my kiwi passion fruit panna cotta. Which is a great recipe that you must also try!
Light, crumbly meringue topped with silky whipped cream and fresh kiwi. What’s not to love?!
The meringue base of the pavlovas can be made a day ahead and stored in an airtight container making this dessert even simpler.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy for more details.
I’m so thankful for easy recipes! After such a busy holiday season I’m lacking the motivation to tackle anything too complicated.
Today’s recipe might look like it requires a ton of effort but it is actually very simple. It’s basically an oversized meringue cookie topped with whipped cream and kiwi. Too easy, right?
You do have to be mindful when making pavlovas. As you know, meringues are already sweet and adding on extra sweet toppings will certainly give you a toothache.
Because of this, I left the whipped cream unsweetened and only added a tablespoon of sugar to the kiwi. It turned out perfectly balanced!
So, if you’re feeling lazy like me after such a busy holiday season, do something simple and make these pavlovas. You are going to adore them!
Individual Kiwi Pavlovas
- Adjust the rack to the middle position and heat the oven to 200ºF. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone mat.
- Add the egg whites and cream of tartar to a large clean bowl. With an electric mixer, beat the egg whites on medium speed until they become frothy with uniform size bubbles. This will take about 2-3 minutes. Increase the speed to medium-high and gradually add 1/2 cup of the sugar and vanilla. Continue to beat until the egg whites are the consistency of shaving cream.
- Scoop 1/4 cup size mounds of the whipped egg whites onto the prepared baking sheet. Use the back of a spoon to hollow out the center of each mound. Bake for 1 and 1/2 hours or until the meringues are smooth and dry with firm exteriors. Turn the oven off and allow the meringues to cool in the oven for several hours.
- Prepare the kiwi by peeling and slicing it lengthwise. Then cut into half-moon slices about 3/4-inch thick. Place slices in a small bowl and sprinkle with remaining sugar. Stir gently to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Assemble the pavlovas: Plate the meringue shell on a plate. Top with 3 tablespoons of whipped cream and 4-5 slices of kiwi. Sprinkle a few extra slices of kiwi on the plate. Serve immediately.