Looking for an easy and healthy appetizer for New Year’s Eve? These Honey Roasted Almond Crusted Chicken Bites are just the thing you need. Tender bits of chicken coated in crushed almonds and baked to perfection. These delightful chicken bites taste so good, you won’t need a dipping sauce!
This post is sponsored by Blue Diamond Almonds.
Honey Roasted Almond Crusted Chicken Bites recipe highlights:
- These awesome almond crusted chicken bites will blow your mind!
- Baked and not fried so that you can indulge and not feel a single ounce of guilt.
- Honey roasted almonds make the chicken so flavorful, there’s no need to use a dipping sauce. And with just the right amount of time in the oven, the chicken will remain tender and succulent.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy for more details.
When Blue Diamond asked me to make a healthy holiday appetizer using their honey roasted almonds, I knew right away I was going to make baked almond crusted chicken bites. I adore almonds and Blue Diamond offers many different flavors. My favorite way to eat chicken combined with my favorite almonds, what’s not to love here?
Using almonds to coat baked chicken fingers leaves you with a crust that stays crispy while the chicken inside stays tender and moist. I fell in love with the texture! Keep in mind, the chicken bites will not be as crispy as fried chicken. But this is as close as you can get without all the extra unhealthy fats.
What I love most about this recipe, besides the fact that it’s healthier, is that it is so simple. You can have scrumptious chicken bites in less than 45 minutes! Seriously!
Honey roasted almonds lend an incredible flavor to the chicken. We gobbled the bites up so fast. I believe they were gone in a little under 10 minutes. We couldn’t restrain from going back for just one more. Then another. And I promise this is the last one. Okay, maybe one more.
You get the picture. They’re GOOD.
Honey Roasted Almond Crusted Chicken Bites
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 and 1/2 cups finely crushed Blue Diamond Honey Roasted Almonds
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Spray a heavy baking sheet generously with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a shallow dish, combine the flour and salt. Lightly beat the eggs in a separate shallow dish. Pour the crushed almonds in a third shallow dish. Coat each piece of chicken with flour, shake off any excess. Dip the pieces in the egg, gently shake off any excess. Roll the pieces in the crushed almonds to coat. Gently press the almonds into the chicken pieces to make sure the coating is thick. Place the chicken bites onto the prepared baking sheets. Lightly spray the each piece with cooking spray.
- Bake for 8 minutes. Flip each chicken bite and bake for 6 minutes. Baking times may vary. Check the chicken bites to make sure they are cooked through. Be careful not to overcook them as this will dry them out. Let the chicken bites cool on the pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to a serving platter. Leftovers can be stored for up to 2 days in the refrigerator.
Nutritional values here on my recipes should be used as a general guide only. Since different brands of ingredients have different nutritional information, the values shown are just an estimate.