Indulge in a simple and decadent Chocolate Hazelnut Brownie Sundae! While it tastes like it took loads of time to make, this rich treat is ready in less than 5 minutes. A warm fudgy brownie made in the microwave and topped with vanilla ice cream. The sundae is drizzled with chocolate hazelnut ganache and sprinkled with chopped hazelnuts. These individual brownie sundaes are perfect for an easy dessert treat!
This post has been sponsored by Duncan Hines. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Brownies are appearing again this week! Favorite brownies: fudgy brownies with peanut butter frosting, candied pecan brownies, and chocolate orange brownies! Dense fudgy brownies are something I simply can’t resist.
Recently, Kroger stocked the baking aisle with Duncan Hines® Perfect Size for 1® treats. They have lemon cake, cinnamon coffee cake, chocolate chip muffin, and so much more. Of course, I couldn’t pass up an opportunity to make something fun with the brownie.
Everyone loves fudgy brownie sundaes, right? I mean, who wouldn’t love this one when it takes just 5 minutes to make?
There are just 5 steps to this recipe.
- Mix the brownie mix with chocolate hazelnut spread and water.
- Cook the brownie in the microwave.
- Make the chocolate hazelnut ganache.
- Top the hot brownie with ice cream, ganache, and chopped nuts.
- Eat while the brownie is warm!
Sounds too easy, doesn’t it? All you’re doing is cooking the Duncan Hines Perfect Size for 1 Brownie with a tablespoon of chocolate hazelnut spread according to the package directions. It’s ready in about a minute.
Making a batch of brownies can take time and since it’s just my husband and me, these individual servings are great for a quick dessert after dinner. They contain no artificial preservatives nor artificial flavors and are made from real ingredients. How perfect is that?
The brownie is extra fudgy with the addition of the chocolate hazelnut spread. Adding vanilla ice cream is almost a must. A warm chewy brownie with melty vanilla ice cream? Yes, please!
You get that rich chocolate hazelnut flavor in a warm brownie and the vanilla ice cream mellows it out. It’s a fabulous combination. I think of it like having a glass of milk alongside a fudgy brownie or any chocolate treat for that matter.
The ganache is also extremely easy to make. You can do this while the brownie is “baking” in the microwave. Warm heavy cream to a low simmer on the stovetop and pour it over the chocolate hazelnut spread. Stir it until it combines and turns sauce-like.
It’s no different than making chocolate ganache.
The ganache will thicken as it cools so it’s best to use it right away.
Layer the fresh, warm brownie with ice cream and warm ganache. I chose vanilla ice cream but if you’d like something different, I’m sure that would be delicious also. Chopped hazelnuts are also great for adding some texture.
You can make just one individual sundae or up to four with one box of Duncan Hines Perfect Size for 1. Enjoy!
Chocolate Hazelnut Brownie Sundae
- 1 box Duncan Hines Perfect Size for 1 Brownie
- 1/2 cup chocolate hazelnut spread, plus 4 tablespoons
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- 4 tablespoons chopped hazelnuts
- Empty 1 packet of brownie mix into a 9-ounce microwave safe mug. Add 1 tablespoon chocolate hazelnut spread. Add 3 Tablespoons of water and cook according to the package directions. Repeat with all four brownie mixes or make just one.
- Meanwhile, make the ganache: Bring the 1/2 cup of cream to a low boil over medium-low heat. Pour the warm cream over the chocolate hazelnut spread in a small bowl and stir to combine.
- Top the warm brownie with 1-2 scoops of ice cream. Drizzle the warm ganache over the ice cream and sprinkle chopped hazelnut over the top if desired.
Nutritional values here on my recipes should be used as a general guide only. Since different brands of ingredients have different nutritional information, the values shown are just an estimate.