This simple recipe is flavorful and easy enough for any night of the week. Baked Teriyaki Chicken is great because there are just a handful of ingredients and it only takes a few minutes to come together. Serve it over Success® Basmati Rice and you have a complete meal the entire family will enjoy. This delicious dinner is ready in less than 40 minutes, making it perfect for a weeknight dinner and it’s enough to feed 4 people. The recipe can easily be doubled if needed for a larger family.
This post has been sponsored by Success Rice. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
I am all about easy dinner ideas and with school starting soon, I know several of you are going to need some simple recipes to get you through busy weeknights filled with homework and after school activities.
So today’s recipe is just that. Simple, delicious, and perfect for a busy weeknight. I decided to make a baked version of teriyaki chicken because it is easier and more hands off than stir-frying it. It’s simple and just as delicious as this Skillet Chicken and Rice with Leeks and Kale and tomato roasted pork loin.
The teriyaki sauce is made with soy sauce, dark brown sugar, white wine, fresh ginger, and garlic. All these ingredients are cooked over low heat with a little cornstarch until thickened. It takes less than 5 minutes to make the sauce.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy for more details.
Once the sauce is ready, gets poured over chicken breasts and chunks of pineapple in a small baking pan. Adding pineapple is totally optional but I highly recommend it. It adds extra flavor to the sauce, making it irresistible.
Pop the chicken into the oven and let it cook for 30 minutes and it’s ready to be enjoyed!
I like to serve the baked teriyaki chicken over Success® Basmati Rice. It’s long and slender and expands three to four times in length when cooked. The flavor is distinctive with a subtle nuttiness and has a light, fluffy texture. The rice is easy to cook in pre-portioned bags that are BPA-free, making it fuss-free. The boil-n-bag method delivers fully cooked rice in just 10 minutes!
Success® rice also does not contain additives or preservatives and comes in four varieties, including Success® Whole Grain Brown Rice, White Rice, and fragrant Thai Jasmine or Basmati Rice. There’s a variety everyone in your family will love.
This easy baked teriyaki chicken over basmati rice is ready to be devoured in just 40 minutes. The prep is minimal and you can have this dish on your dinner table in no time at all.
For hundreds of recipe ideas, special offers and more, join the Recipe Club®.
Baked Teriyaki Chicken
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons fresh minced garlic, about 2 medium cloves
- 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup fresh pineapple chunks
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onion, optional
- 2 bags Success® Basmati Rice
- In a small saucepan, combine the soy sauce, sugar, wine, ginger, garlic, and cornstarch. Whisk until well blended and bring to a boil over medium-low heat. Continue to cook until thickened, stirring occasionally, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF and lightly spray a 9-inch square baking pan with nonstick spray.
- Pat chicken dry with paper towels and score 4 small cuts across the top. Arrange the chicken in a single layer in the bottom of the prepared pan. Fill in the empty spaces between the chicken with the chunks of pineapple. Pour the sauce evenly over the top and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice according to the package directions.
- Serve the chicken over the rice and garnish with green onion if desired.