Wake up and make your family this tasty bacon egg breakfast pizza. Made on homemade pizza dough topped with mozzarella and parmesan cheese, bacon, and eggs, this pizza recipe is sure to be a huge hit around the breakfast table.
Bacon Egg Breakfast Pizza recipe highlights:
- This recipe uses my homemade pizza dough. It is the same dough I use for all my pizzas and it never fails me.
- There is no sauce on this pizza. The dough gets a generous brushing of olive oil before layering on a thick layer of mozzarella cheese.
- If you like your egg yolks runny, wait to add them until halfway through the cooking time. Otherwise, you will have almost fully cooked yolks similar to what is shown in the photos.
- Not a fan of bacon? Swap it out for breakfast sausage instead!
I am typically not a fan of breakfast. You’ve probably heard me say this a thousand times by now. But I do love pizza! I can eat it any time of day. Although this pizza is a breakfast pizza, it makes a great meal for brunch.
You need half of my pizza dough recipe. I don’t recommend halving the recipe, though. Make the whole recipe and freeze half the dough for later. You can read more about freezing the dough here. Or if you have several mouths to feed, just double the topping amounts and make 2 pizzas.
Bacon Egg Breakfast Pizza
- 1/2 recipe homemade pizza dough
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 5 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled (or 1/2 cup cooked and crumbled breakfast sausage)
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh flat leaf parsley
- Prepare the pizza dough according to the directions. Freeze the unused half according to the directions located within the post for the dough recipe or double the topping amounts and make two pizzas.
- Adjust the rack to the lower middle of the oven and preheat to 475ºF. Top the dough evenly with mozzarella cheese and bacon. Crack the eggs over the pizza and top with Parmesan cheese. (If a runny yolk is desired, what to crack the eggs until halfway through the cooking time.) Bake for 15 to 17 minutes, until crust is lightly browned and cheese is melted, rotating halfway through the cooking time.
- Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley, cut, and serve.
Nutritional values here on my recipes should be used as a general guide only. Since different brands of ingredients have different nutritional information, the values shown are just an estimate.